Friday, February 29, 2008
In front of me stands this girl. She's probably like 13-14, there with her probably 19-20 year old boyfriend (eww...but, it IS Wal-Mart...)
ANYHOW...her outfit. Oh my god, her outfit!!
This is where self-control comes into play, because I was dying...dying...to take a picture of her with my cell. But, there were equally scary people behind me, and I was afraid that if they saw me taking pics of the obviously underage girl in front of me...well....Yeah.
So, I'll try and explain in the best detail I can:
Starting at her head...she was wearing a white hat, straight out of the 60's. You know, kinda like a bubbly baseball cap w/ a little ball on top?
Then she was wearing a skin tight sparkly tee-shirt.
Then she was wearing an UBER short plaid school-girl looking miniskirt. (Which, um...20 year old boy sleeping w/ a 13-14 year old....MAYBE you should think about discouraging her from going out with you when looking like she just got out of Catholic Jr. High. Just a tip.)
And then...THEN....to top the whole ensemble off....
She's wearing these legging...things. They started at just below her knees....leaving the great expanse of her bare thighs below her uber-short miniskirt for all to see. However, these leggings....they were white....FLEECE....bellbottomed, and hung down over the top of her white, LA-Gear looking tennis shoes. (And we're talking LA-Gear from the late 80's)
I honestly don't know how else to explain it. I really wish I had been able to sneak a picture!
But, Self-Control, Adena.....Self-Control.....
Saturday, February 23, 2008
You're supposed to list 6 quirky things about you, and then tag 3 people to do the same. I don't tag. So, I'll just list.
1. I have an extraordinary amount of books, and I re-read them all. Sometimes multiple times. There are books I have that I almost know by heart, for the amount of times that I've read them...yet that never diminishes my pleasure for the story.
2. I love going to overgrown, slightly freaky places to take pictures. Especially cemeteries. I LOVE cemeteries...and I love photography. It's a quirky combo.
3. I get overwhelmed in large groups of people. So much so that I will most likely fade to the back of the room, and just observe people in silence. I love to observe people. However, I know this makes me come across as aloof and cold sometimes, when really, I'm pretty open and funny when I get over my insecurities and let myself join the crowd.
4. I don't really like jewelry. I mean, I own a lot of it, but I never really wear it. With that said, I only have quirky, funky jewelry. I HATE gold, and I'm not that big on diamonds, and the like. Give me something unusual and off-beat...something that isn't sweet and dainty, and I'd enjoy that SO much more than your typical solitaire.
5. I buy bags of ice on a weekly basis. I MUST have cocktail ice in my drinks. I'm kind-of OCD about ice. I must have it to crunch on when I'm drinking soda or juice. I loves me some ice!!
6. I am obsessed with Gerard Butler. Like unhealthily obsessed. Like I could dip him in honey and eat him with a spoon obsessed. *hangs head in shame* But, seriously...who WOULDN'T be obsessed with THIS??
And there you have it. Only a small sampling of the reasons Adena is quirky.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
(shh.....let us not speak of it...)
Anyhow, not much besides work and the neverending flu has been going on, so I've had no real reason to bore you all with the details of my non-existant life.
HOWEVER....I survived 3 weeks or so of no car, because my old car finally died after at least a month of trying to kill me.
No, seriously. It tried to kill me. It decided to start spewing antifreeze fumes into the interior of the car as I drove. After a week or so of that, I finally managed to get the man to tinker with it, and he did something that made it so it started spewing the fumes OUT OF MY GRILL....so, I got horrified looks as I drove down the street. People running in all directions from the smoking car that may explode at any time.
Anyhow, I had to resort to catching rides from friends, etc...which really sucks. I hate not being mobile.
So, I got my taxes back, and scoured Craigslist, and found myself a new car.
Here he is......his name is Miguel.
Why Miguel? Well, I bought him from a Mexican kid, and he's quite um....tricked out. See the car bra? It's a cell phone pic, so the crappy photo quality makes it hard to see the LETTERING on my windshield....speaking of Racing.
BUT, the advantages of buying him from the Mexican kid far outweigh interesting decals, and such.
He kept it in tip-top shape, and added all sorts of spendy filters....and he put in a great stereo system.
So, now I get odd looks from cops as I roll down the road with my bass blaring behind my tinted windows.