Yet another one....but, a bit different.
(Thanks, Hilly. It's past midnight, and I'm doing this!)
Anyway the rules are as follows: (So Sayeth Hilly)
1. Put your mp3 player or music player on your computer on random.
2. Post the first four lines from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song (Skip repeat artists).
3. Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
4. Don’t fucking cheat, you Google whores!
1. Steal my heart, and hold my tongue.
I feel my time, my time has come.
Let me in, unlock the door.
I've never felt this way before.
(Coldplay- 'Til Kingdom Comes)
2. Today I am dirty
I want to be pretty
I know I'm just dirt
(Marilyn Manson- The Nobodies)
3. You were once my one companion . . .
you were all that mattered . .
You were once a friend and father -
then my world was shattered . . .
(Phantom of the Opera- Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again)
4. And so she woke up,
Woke up from where she was lying still.
Said “I gotta do something
About where we’re going.”
(U2- Running To Stand Still)
5. These moments are brief
When you can truly say you know yourself
You must lose your mind in order for you to find it
And sometimes you've just got to fall
(Cloud Cult- I Guess This Dream Is For Me)
6. Karma police, arrest this man, he talks in maths
He buzzes like a fridge, hes like a detuned radio
Karma police, arrest this girl, her hitler hairdo, is making me feel ill
And we have crashed her party
(Radiohead- Karma Police)
7. In this farewell
There's no blood
There's no alibi
Cause I've drawn regret
(Linkin Park- What I've Done)
8. In the light, In the daylight it's all wrong
To revel in your memory
The smell of your body
And the seconds that it kept me warm
(Matt Nathanson- Bare)
9. Come the day
You see the sun
Hit the arch
A history song
(The Good, The Bad & The Queen- History Song)
10. I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played,
and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
(Hallelujah- Rufus Wainwright )
11. Step one you say we need to talk
He walks you say sit down it's just a talk
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through
(The Fray- How To Save A Life)
12. Many times I've tried to tell you, many times I've cried alone
Always I'm surprised how well you cut my feelings to the bone
Don't wanna leave you really, I've invested too much time
To give you up that easy, to the doubts that complicate your mind
(We Belong To The Night- Pat Benetar)
13. You think that we connect
That the chemistry's correct
Your words walk right through my ears
Presuming I like what I hear
(No Doubt- Spiderwebs)
14. And so it is
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time
(Damien Rice- The Blower's Daughter)
15. Must be your skin that I'm sinkin in
Must be for real, cause now I can feel
I didn't mind, It's not my kind
It’s not my time to wonder why
16. Pain from pearls-hey little girl-
How much have you grown?
Pain from pearls-hey little girl-
Flower for the ones you've known.
(Indigo Girls- Kid Fears)
17. These back steps are steeper to the ground
The brightest stars are falling down
I'm walking the edge
I'm walking the tightest rope
(Mat Kearney- Falling Down)
18. Well you must be a girl with shoes like that
She said you know me well
I seen you and little Steven and Joanna
Round the back of my hotel oh yeah
(The Fratellis- Chelsea Dagger)
19. Even on a day like this when you're crawling on the floor
Reaching for the phone to ring anyone who knows you anymore
It's all right to make mistakes, you're only human
Inside everybody's hiding something
20. Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.
No matter what I say or do,
I still feel you here 'till the moment I'm gone.
(Sara Bareilles- Gravity)