Thursday, January 05, 2006

Excuse Me, But You Need To Up Your Prescription For Ritalin!

Oh.My.God.

So, I am broke 'til next Friday, so I went "grocery" shopping at a discount place.

I was reading a blog today who's author was lamenting the fact that crazies flock to her. I commented that they flock to me, too....I don't know why it is, but the crazy folk just start spouting off random shit to me.


Which brings me to my checker.

I get up to the checkstand, and he did NOT stop talking for the ENTIRE time that he was ringing up my groceries. I did not get a word in edgewise.

His topics of conversation? (Keep in mind I said nothing to prompt these topics)

"Wow, did you ever notice how the grey's outside wash out the greens and other colors, and make everything grey? No, Really...they do!"

"Brookings, Oregon is great. But Crescent City, CA is where the bums live. I don't know why it's so much dirtier when it's just across the border. Have you noticed that? I think it's because they had a tsunami once, and a lot of people died." (Um...'Cuz THAT makes sense....)

"Scottish people have given the world so much! Really, they have! But, you know that because you're scottish!" (Actually, I'm Irish)

"Central Oregon doesn't look like this. It's more like California. At least, I think it's more like California...Do YOU think it's like California? Because, I think it's like California."

"Joan of Arc was a brave little thing. Don't you think so?? I think she was brave!"

"Wow, I hope they never change the formula in Coke!"

I know there was more, but honestly...he made me dizzy. I'm sure I was standing there w/ a deer in headlights look. No one attempted to rescue me, tho'. I'm sure the other checkers were just glad he wasn't talking to THEM!

I need to go nap, now.

No comments: