Sunday, July 17, 2005

I'm Officially An Idiot

So, we go to play poker at our friend's house, who lives a block or so away, at like 8:00 last night. The goal is to only stay a couple hours. It's a cash game, and there are some people who had never really played before, so we figured it would be a quick game.
Riiiiiiight......
So, martin had re-bought in about 5 times, and was completely busted out by about 12 am. He pouted his way home, and I had told him I'd probably be home soon after.
Riiiiight..... Apparently, I became in tune w/ some sort of inhuman "poker staying power" and played til about 4:30 in the morning. Then the two guys that were still playing, and i decided we probably should just pay out, and not bother waiting to see who won it all. We were getting to the point we couldn't remember what cards we had in our hands. *wait...let me look again.....wait....let me look again...*
Anyhow, me and the host were the only 2 people that had never bought back in all night, and we pretty much split the pot between us, so we consider ourselves the true winners, thank you very much.
So, anyhow, i stumbled back home and crashed, and somehow wound up waking up at 9 in the morning. So, yeah, nothing like 4 1/2 hours of sleep.
Now, you'd think martin would be all "4:30?? what the hell were you thinking??"
But, no... Not martin.
He's all "You got home at 4:30 and woke up at 9?? You're a trooper!!"
and then proceeds to tell me how proud he is of me, and how good i did.
haha...
He's insane, too.
Anyhow, apparently I have to drive in to Mac later to play Cranium w/ some other friends, because we promised them we would, last week.
Bah. I really need to use common sense, and just cash out earlier. But, no....i have to be ultra competitive, and have to prove myself to the boys...

No comments: